NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTGR),the worldwide leader of smart home security and networking products for both home and small businesses, has been recognized for its dedication to the highest caliber in product design excellence. The company has been honored with six new awards in the 2017 Red Dot Award competition, the internationally sought-after seal of quality in product design.
Since 1955,the Red Dot Award has been seen throughout the world and across different industries as the premiere award for high design quality. An international jury of approximately 40 independent designers, design professors, and specialist journalists assess each nominee for excellence inproduct design. This year, a record 5,500 entries from 54countries were in the competition, which culminates in the Red Dot Gala in Essen, Germany, on July 3, 2017. The winning products are displayedas part of the world’s largest exhibition of contemporary designin the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen, Germany.
“NETGEAR has a long history of emphasizing form as well as function,”saidJames Hathway, senior industrial designer for NETGEAR. “We invest effort into designing technologically superior products that are pleasing to the eye and touch, and that highlight elegance as well as performance. We’re proud that the Red Dot Awards jury has recognized our work year after year.”
Here are the six winning NETGEAR designs:
- Arlo™ Pro Smart Home Security Camera is the world’s first 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD home monitoring system with quick-charge rechargeable batteries, motion and sound-activated alerts, 2-way audio, ultra-wide 130 degree viewing angle, a 100+ decibel smart siren, and 7 days of free cloud HD video recordings. Arlo Pro is ideal for business and home use, and can be placed both indoors and outdoors.
- Arlo Quadpod Mount is the ideal do-it-all mount for your Arlo cameras, crafted with stainless steel and silicone making it suitable for indoor and outdoor usage. The four-legged mount can wrap around any surface like tree branches or metal poles. Whether you decide to wrap it or hang it, Arlo Quadpod adjusts to any surface and offers the best views for your Arlo cameras.
- Orbi™ Home Tri-band WiFi System is the simplest and smartest way to enjoy high-speed WiFi in every corner of your home. With patented Tri-band WiFi technology, Orbi establishes a dedicated backhaul connection between the Orbi router and satellite that helps maximize internet speeds for 4K streaming and connections to multiple-devices.
- Nighthawk M1 mobile router is the world’s first Gigabit LTE device, providing the convenience of a mobile hotspot with the full functionality of a travel router. It offers superfast mobile broadband internet (up to 1Gbps download/150Mbps upload) to support up to 20 Wi-Fi devices on a single secure connection, and it can also be a shared hub to stream media to connected devices while on the go or at home.
- Nighthawk S8000 Gaming and Media Streaming Switch is a versatile, easily configurable 8-port networking switch that brings low latency and QoS management for ultra-high performance for expert gaming and HD media streaming in the home. It has an intuitive web application, for “one click” comprehensive installation and configuration and includes the full set of NETGEAR Web Managed (Plus) Switch software features.
- Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router is the industry’s fastest router for media streaming with Plex Media Server, delivering 802.11ac/ad WiFi for ultra-smooth 4K streaming, VR gaming and instant downloads. It offers a powerful 1.7GHz Quad Core Processor and Quad-Stream architecture for combined wireless speeds up to a blazing7.2Gbps*.
“The Red Dot winners are pursuing the right design strategy. They have recognized that good design and economic success go hand in hand,” said Professor Dr. Peter Zec, founder and CEO of the Red Dot Award. “The award by the critical Red Dot jury documents their high design quality and is indicative of their successful design policy.”