22 - 12 - 2014

Tesoro GUNGNIR H5 Optical Gaming Mouse

Article Index

INTRODUCTION

tesoro gungnir h5a

Yesterday Ubisoft Montreal officially released Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (we received a copy a few days earlier) which is without doubt one of the very few game titles that have ever caught me off guard with their rather unique content and not so much with their graphics (in this case at all). You see this time over Ubisoft designed and released a game with very little eye candy (compared to today’s games) but with several clear references to some of my all-time favorite movies like the Terminator, ROBOCOP, Cyborg, Aliens and the Predator and like if that wasn't already awesome enough ontop of that Michael Biehn from The Terminator and Aliens (has played in several other blockbuster movies including The Abyss, Navy Seals and The Rock) has given his voice to the main character. I know that to some people these lines may seem weird but people around my age who know very well what I’m talking about will agree that there's no better way to enjoy such an amazing game than to play it using all the latest gaming peripherals and that's exactly what we did starting with the latest GUNGNIR gaming mouse by Tesoro.

Tesoro Technology USA Inc, a team of U.S.A gaming enthusiasts. With the objective of designing unique products specially catered to the gamers. We focused on PC gaming and our mission is to create products with better design, increase and reach for peak performances. In the recent years the gaming industry has developed into the ultra-competitive market that we see today. While we are still a relatively young company, established in 2011. Tesoro will continue to strive for the best and continuously evaluate our performance against the very best of the best. Tesoro could not exist without the gaming community who inspire us to excel in the design and production of our award winning gear. As a gamers company, we will continues to expand into new horizons and push the limits further with each product unveiling. We Strive to develop innovative cutting edge computer gaming peripherals to help improve your gaming experience. We maximize our ability to meet the needs of the fast changing PC gaming industry.

After the very good SHRIKE HL2 Tesoro is launching the GUNGNIR gaming mouse which is actually both a step down in terms of features/specifications but certainly a step up in terms of design. So this time over Tesoro has placed a total of 7 buttons on the GUNGNIR and has opted for an 3500DPI optical sensor featuring a resolution of 6400FPS with a maximum speed of 60ips at 20Gs of acceleration. Now normally such specifications are not very impressive but combined with the design of the GUNGNIR and it's very unique gliding properties Tesoro just might have a possible best seller in their ranks. So let’s take a closer look to the GUNGNIR gaming mouse for all you to see what we are talking about.

Discuss this article
You need to log in or register to participate in this discussion.

Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by dacul #765
What can i say, not a bad mice. I really don't like the color and the design. But what the hell, if it performes good i think it doesn't count the aspect. Anyway my favorite is the Func MS-3, simple design, good positioning of the buttons and with a very good sensor www.func.net/en/products/ms-3/.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by MadChoppa #747
Freedom wrote:
MadChoppa wrote:
Can someone tell me what the fuss about braiding mice cables? I've heard that this prevents twisting or kinda(maybe there are more problems with non-braided cables). I'm using Razer Copperhead. Do you wanna know what problems do I have with my mouse non-braided cable - NONE! And this mouse was first introduced in 2005(!), meaning cable problems were solved over 7 years ago. Nowadays ALL the mice have braided cables. I don't understand - what is it, a tech-fashion tribute(like gold plated usb-connectors) or what??

Braided cable has to do with durability and not with appearance. Regular cables can last for many years that is true but for people who carry mice around for LAN parties and people who remove and mount them on a regular basis a braided cable can be useful.

Failed to bear LAN parties in mind, now I got it.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by Freedom #741
MadChoppa wrote:

Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by najiro #738
MadChoppa wrote:
About GUNGNIR H5 shape - it's weird to me.

Yes it does which was something I thought would be uncomfortable. But it turns out to be just fine. Holding it felt okay. I had gripping problems with the ASUS GX 900 gaming mice since it was just too big and cumbersome. This mice is pretty much shaped like a generic mice which I was using before. That helped me get used to it a lot faster
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by MadChoppa #736
About GUNGNIR H5 shape - it's weird to me.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by MadChoppa #735
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by imagination #728
I like the white colour leds. Overall i hear good things about this mouse and i`d love to give it a run one day, quality build and really nice.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by Freedom #681
Then it's possibly one of the same batch. The retail ones should be ok.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by najiro #678
Freedom wrote:
Our sample was one of the early ones to leave the factory and it had those gaps. Is yours a retail one bought from a store ?

Really?
I think this is one of that first batch of mice too. I won it on one of tesoro's giveaways.
The mice scroll is also chipped. It would have been better if the gap is fixed since the red led light thingy from the tracker is beaming out of the gap...
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by Freedom #674
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by ispasion22 #673
I was inspired to purchase a Microsoft Intelli Mouse Optical for user convenience and I was marked by quality. It is incredibly accurate in any type of activity that I have experienced it for about 6 years (!).
I dont believe to be a more complete mouse like this, even if the gaming mouses has a precise target.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by najiro #656
I am currently using this mice. I like it. I got used to it in a short time... Size is the most determining factor to comfort and efficiency in using the device. No issues about that whatsoever so far. However, I find the quality of the build a little off. I can see gaps where the plastic parts meet. I think this is just a matter of better quality inspection and thorough build process but they are quite obvious. It does give it a bad impression of the mice's design.
Posted: 1 year, 7 months ago by mrcapncaveman #646
Its not a bad looking mouse and the software or control panel looks decent as well. When it comes this way I just may have investigate.